- Attorney Bio
- Practice Areas
- Bar Admissions
- Representative Experience
- Speaking Engagements
Mike Deam concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate, municipal and business law. He has extensive experience in real estate and business transactions.
Mike holds a B.S. degree from Indiana University, Bloomington where he was a business major (concentrating in accounting) and is a graduate of Indiana University School of Law in Bloomington. His background assists him in representing both buyers and sellers in negotiating and drafting agreements in connection with complex real estate and business transactions. He has extensive experience representing the Fort Wayne-Allen County Airport Authority in connection with real estate, construction, regulatory and other matters.
Mike is a member of the Indiana Business Law Survey Commission, as statutory commission of governor’s appointees that advises the Indiana Secretary of State and the Indiana General Assembly regarding business entity statutes and related matters.
Legal Assistant: Arlene Colone
- Indiana, 1989
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1989
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1989
- Allen County Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Airport Council International
- American Association of Airport Executives
- Represented sellers in the negotiation and closing of the sale of commercial shopping centers to real estate investment trusts, in multi-million dollar transactions
- Represented the buyer in the negotiation and closing of the purchase of a championship golf course, including real estate, equipment and liquor license, in a multi-million dollar transaction
- Represented the seller in the negotiation and closing of the sale of a large apartment complex, in a multi-million dollar transaction
- Represented the seller of real estate utilized as an auto dealership, including dealing with environmental issues
- Represented a lender in connection with the secured financing of several apartment complexes in the amount of over one hundred million dollars
- Represented buyers and sellers in the negotiation and closing of the sale and purchase of service and manufacturing concerns
- Represent a telecommunication tower company in connection with its land leases and its subleases with cellular carriers
- AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
- Appointed by Governor Holcomb to serve on the Indiana Business Law Survey Commission
- Airport Council International – North America’s Spring 2015 Legal Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana: “Aircraft Repossession from an Airport Perspective” April 2015
- ICLEF Aviation Law Seminar, Plymouth, Indiana: “Restricting First Amendment Rights in Airport Terminals” October 2013
Mike has two sons and has been active in coaching and serving as a board member for local youth baseball and church organizations.