Mark Baeverstad concentrates his practice in litigation having tried over 125 jury trials. Additionally, Mark has argued before the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, the Indiana Supreme Court, and the Indiana Court of Appeals.
Mark’s extensive litigation experience in a variety of areas includes but is not limited to commercial and business litigation, banking, construction, asset and agricultural valuation, medical malpractice, insurance defense, product liability, estate disputes and civil rights defense litigation. Mark has been involved in a wide range of representation of business owners, physicians, hospitals and health care providers and insurance companies, including complex litigation matters. Mark’s significant litigation experience has enabled him to provide critical guidance and counsel to businesses, physicians, banks and other clients in assessing litigation risk as well as negotiation strategy in contested disputes.
Mark Baeverstad has been a trial lawyer for over 35 years. He has been voted by his peers as an Indiana Super Lawyer and is AV Preeminent® Rated through Martindale-Hubbell®. Mark has been selection for inclusion in Best Lawyers’ “Lawyer of the Year.” He is also a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, which invites only the top one percent of trial lawyers to join.
Mark is a graduate of Hope College and received his Doctorate of Jurisprudence from Syracuse University, graduating magna cum laude.
Legal Assistant: Debbie Jessup
Paralegal: Marilyn Lillie
- Indiana, 1981
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1981
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2005
- Indiana Bar Association: Past President, Litigation Section
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Defense Trial Council of Indiana
- Allen County Bar Association: Member, Trial Lawyers Section Rules Committee
- Defense Research Institute
- Counsel to numerous physicians, medical groups and hospitals in defense of medical malpractice and general liability claims
- Significantly changed Indiana law in appeals involving informed consent, admissibility of medical review panel opinions, and the prevention of allied health care providers giving opinions on medical causation
- Represented minority shareholders of closely held corporations in complex estate litigation matters
- Counsel for several financial institutions in connection with litigation involving foreclosure matters, receiverships, and real estate evaluation.
- Indiana counsel for several multinational corporations involved in litigation concerning patents, contracts, and product liability
- Counsel to numerous owners, contractors and construction managers in connection with casualty losses
- Represented many estates and individuals in will contests
- Represented governmental entities in civil rights claims involving discrimination, harassment, and first amendment claims
- Selected for Inclusion in Indiana Super Lawyers® 2007 – 2017
- Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America®
- Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers’ “Lawyer of the Year”
- AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®