Lauren Deitrich joined Rothberg Logan & Warsco in 2016 as a member of the firm’s litigation practice group. Her practice focuses on medical malpractice defense and insurance defense, with second-chair jury trial experience.
Lauren received her B.S. in Occupational Health Science (Industrial Hygiene) from Purdue University. She earned her J.D., cum laude, from Valparaiso University School of Law where she was awarded the 2016 Scribes Award for outstanding legal writing, selected by several faculty members in the Legal Writing Department.
While in law school, Lauren was a Board Member of the Moot Court Society and awarded Best Oralist at the 2015 Sutherland Cup Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition in Washington, D.C., hosted by The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law. Lauren also served as Associate Editor of the Valparaiso Law Review and was awarded the Dedicated Service Award for above and beyond service to the law review. She received recognition as the Case Comment Competition winner, with a published Case Comment. Lauren was an extern to The Honorable Christopher A. Nuechterlein in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana and a certified intern with the Valparaiso University School of Law Mediation Clinic.
Prior to law school, Lauren served as a United States Peace Corps Volunteer in Guatemala working with rural schools to implement and maintain healthy habits. While serving in the Peace Corps, Lauren received a certification for Advanced Level Spanish language skills.
Legal Assistant: LeeAnn Miller
- Health Care
- Indiana, 2016
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2016
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2016
- Allen County Bar Association
- Benjamin Harrison Inns of Court
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Indiana State Bar Association
Published Works & Legal Alerts
- Legal Alert, “Expert Testimony No Longer Necessary for Proof of Informed Consent,” July, 2018
- Legal Alert, “McKeen and Miller are in, K.D. is out! Plaintiffs May Raise New Theories After The Medical Review Panel,” July, 2017
- Legal Alert, “Indiana Supreme Court Decides Patchett v. Lee Concluding that Government Discounts are Relevant to the Reasonable Value of Medical Services (2016)
- “Transgender And The Judiciary: An Argument To Extend Batson Challenges to Transgender Individuals”, 50 Val. U. L. Rev. (2016)
- Say Aah! Maryland v. King Defines Reasonable Standard for DNA Searches”, 49 Val. U. L. Rev. 1095 (2015)
- Legal Alert, “Indiana Extends Federal SCRA” (2015)
Lauren enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, and being involved in the community.