Lauren Deitrich joined Rothberg Logan & Warsco in 2016 as a member of the firm’s litigation practice group, focusing on medical malpractice defense and insurance defense.
Lauren received her BS degree in Occupational Health Science (Industrial Hygiene), from Purdue University, and earned her JD, cum laude, from Valparaiso University School of Law. She was the 2016 Scribes Award winner for outstanding legal writing while in law school (selected by several faculty members in the Legal Writing Department), Associate Editor of the Valparaiso Law Review; Case Comment Competition Winner (published Case Comment, Dedicated Service Award for above and beyond service to the law review. Lauren was also a Board member of the Moot Court Society; awarded Best Oralist at the 2015 Sutherland Cup Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition in Washington, D.C. (hosted by The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law.) She was also an extern to The Honorable Christopher A. Nuechterlein in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana and a certified intern with the Valparaiso University School of Law Mediation Clinic
Legal Assistant: Nicole Orchard
- Indiana, 2016
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2016
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2016
Published Works & Legal Alerts
- “Transgender And The Judiciary: An Argument To Extend Batson Challenges to Transgender Individuals”, 50 Val. U. L. Rev. (2016)
- Say Aah! Maryland v. King Defines Reasonable Standard for DNA Searches”, 49 Val. U. L. Rev. 1095 (2015)
- Legal Alert, “Indiana Extends Federal SCRA” (2015)
Lauren enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, and being involved in the community.