- Attorney Bio
- Practice Areas
- Bar Admissions
- Representative Experience
- Published Works & Legal Alerts
- Speaking Engagements
- Community Involvement
Jared Helge practices primarily in the areas of commercial and consumer banking, as well as corporate transactions. His practice encompasses the negotiation and structuring of commercial lending transactions for national, regional and local financial institutions, as well as private equity funds and other lenders, including commercial real estate and asset-based loans. Jared regularly advises lenders regarding commercial loan workouts, foreclosures, bankruptcies, and other creditors’ rights issues. Jared also counsels lenders with respect to the sale and purchase of individual commercial loans and commercial loan portfolios. Additionally, Jared is counsel to consumer banking and mortgage loan servicing clients regarding foreclosure, default, title, real estate, regulatory and loss mitigation issues.
Jared’s focus also includes real estate matters such as purchase, sale and lease transactions. Born and raised in rural Nebraska, Jared understands farming, which also allows him to advise clients regarding various agricultural transaction and lending issues.
Jared holds a Bachelor of Science degree from University of Nebraska, where he majored in International Business and graduated with honors. Jared graduated cum laude from Valparaiso University School of Law in Valparaiso, Indiana, with the degree of Juris Doctor.
Legal Assistant: Cindy Wigfield
- Indiana, 2007
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2007
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2007
- Allen County Bar Association: Past Co-Chair, New Lawyers Section
- Risk Management Association: Past Member, Board of Directors
Recent transactions in which Jared has provided representation include:
- Counsel to national banking association in collection and workout of $1.6 million loan, including appointment of receiver, liquidation of business assets, and foreclosure of commercial real estate
- Counsel to trustee in $9 million disputed secured bond transaction involving tax credit real estate
- Counsel to national banking association in sale of $1.8 million secured real estate loan involving multiple participant lenders
- Counsel to regional lender in consolidation and restructure of $20 million secured term and revolving credit transaction with local manufacturer
- Counsel to national banking association in restructure of $1.0 million agricultural loan, including liquidation of collateral and related bankruptcy matters
- Counsel to national agricultural lender in numerous secured credit transactions throughout Indiana ranging from $1 million to $35 million
- Selected for Inclusion in Indiana Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2015-2017
- AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
Published Works & Legal Alerts
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana: “The Secrets of Practicing Law in Fort Wayne” February 2015
- Northern Indiana Chapter of RMA, Fort Wayne, Indiana: “Lawyer’s Perspective: The Birth, Life and Death of a Loan” March 2012
- Erin’s House for Grieving Children: President, Board of Directors
Jared is an avid car and auto racing enthusiast, competing annually in the Sandhills Open Road Challenge, a 55-mile rally style open road race in Arnold, Nebraska. He also enjoys traveling and spending time with his wife and their two children.