Health Care Law – Experience Makes the Difference
Health care is one of the largest sectors of the U.S. economy and the industry continues to grow by leaps and bounds each year. Rothberg Logan & Warsco has maintained an extensive health law practice for over half a century and serves a wide variety of health care clients, including hospitals, physician practices, nursing homes, home health care agencies and managed care contractors.
Our clients count on us for legal advice that reflects the practical realities that health care systems, physician groups and other providers face in the marketplace. Many of our clients are leading institutions in their communities that have trusted us for decades to serve them in a principled, cost-effective way. We are dedicated to honoring that trust.
What Sets Us Apart
Health care is a confluence of complex business and regulatory issues. Our clients expect legal representation that is highly attuned to the sensitive nature and intensity of oversight involved in each of their health care transactions, claims and regulatory matters.
Each of our health care attorneys closely monitors the rapidly changing health care industry to provide clients with the most current advice and information. Rothberg Logan & Warsco not only provides counsel on technical legal issues, we also are a source of practical advice for our clients.
Our lawyers are familiar with all aspects of the industry and work as a team, enabling us to not just advise on matters as they arise, but proactively help our clients identify opportunities and avoid problems.
Our clients rely on us not only because of our knowledge and experience, but also because of our responsiveness – we honor our clients’ timetables. We also work with the client’s personnel, including in-house counsel, to minimize the need for our services.
We invite you to call us today so that we may learn more about your unique challenges and goals, helping your health care operation to achieve its vision for the future.
Our health care legal services include:
- Anti-kickback compliance
- Appellate representation
- Corporate counseling for physicians, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, IDTFs, rehabilitation facilities and health care joint ventures
- Corporate governance/advice to directors and officers
- Establishment of Independent Practice Associations (IPAs), Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs), Management Purchasing Organizations (MPOs), Management Physician Hospital Organizations (PHOs), and Risk Purchasing Organizations (RPOs).
- Executive and physician compensation matters for non-profit entities
- False claims and fraudulent billing reviews
- Fraud and abuse counseling and defense
- Health care recordkeeping and privacy and information law (rules for storage and access to electronic medical records)
- Health care reform
- Hospital affiliation issues
- Labor and employment issues in the health care workplace
- Licensure and accreditation of health care providers
- Litigation, mediation and arbitration of health care related disputes
- Long-term health care/assisted living facilities
- Managed care contracting
- Medical malpractice defense
- Medical staff representations
- Medicare and Medicaid regulatory compliance
- Mergers and acquisitions of health care providers
- Non-profit organization and structural issues
- Peer review hearing, staff privileges and state licensure issues
- Physician practice acquisitions and sales
- Preservation of tax-exempt status (private benefit and private inurement matters)
- Provider network establishment
- Stark Law counseling
- Strategies for collection of accounts receivable and hospital liens
- Structure and governance of hospital-owned physician group
- Tax-exempt financing
- Telemedicine/teleradiology matters
Our mission is always to achieve our client’s goals in the most efficient way possible.
We invite you to call us today so that we may learn more about your unique challenges and goals, helping you to realize your vision for the future.