- Attorney Bio
- Practice Areas
- Bar Admissions
- Representative Experience
- Speaking Engagements
- Community Involvement
Denny Logan has extensive experience in business law and regularly advises businesses and municipalities on acquisitions, formations, governance, contracts, commercial real estate and other business matters. He also assists lenders in structuring and documenting complex commercial lending transactions. Denny is also the partner in charge of the firm’s estate planning and probate areas where the firm has an active practice in the drafting of wills, trusts, in probate administration, in resolving disputes among trust and estate beneficiaries, and establishing and administering private foundations, public charities and tax-exempt entities. Denny also served the firm as Managing Partner for sixteen years.
An Honors graduate of DePauw University, Denny attended Valparaiso University Law School. He has been a member of a wide range of organizations, including Leadership Fort Wayne and the Downtown Fort Wayne Rotary Club. He also participates in a variety of community, school and church activities.
Legal Assistant: Annette Deaton
- Michigan, 2016
- Indiana, 1977
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1977
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1977
- American Bar Association: Business Law Section
- Indiana State Bar Association: Legal Ethics Committee, 1992-1996
- Allen County Bar Association: Board of Directors, 1993-1995; Chair, Legal Ethics Committee
- American Agricultural Law Association
- Indiana Bar Foundation: Fellow
- Planned Giving Council of Northeast Indiana
- Fort Wayne Estate Planning Council
- Served as co-counsel with law firm partner on $80 million loan to group of manufacturers for one of several participant banks and multiple amendments thereto
- Regularly serves as counsel in commercial real estate and financing transactions, including those requiring local legal opinions
- Responsible for counselling municipal corporation on public bidding, collective bargaining, grievances, open door law, legislative, finance, real estate disposition and General Counsel related matters
- Responsible for counselling municipal corporation on advertising policy which complies with First Amendment
- Responsible for drafting wills and trusts for people of all means and circumstances, including many second and subsequent marriages
- Responsible for overseeing, organizing and planning for ultimate disposition of significant multi-state farm operation
- Responsible for overseeing termination of longstanding family trust resulting in clear control of multi-generation family business
- Responsible for creating, representing and obtaining IRS approval for several tax-exempt, 501(c) organizations
- AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
- Selected for Inclusion in Indiana Super Lawyers®
- Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America®
- Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year”
Speaking engagements have involved secured lending issues, guaranties and agricultural lending as well as wills, trusts, powers of attorney and health care directives.
- Denny has taught classes and seminars for Purdue University, the Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum (ICLEF) and the Allen County Bar Association.
- Northeast Indiana Sustainable Business Council – Rothberg Logan & Warsco is one of the founders and Denny has served as a Board member and secretary since its formation.
- East Wayne Street Center – two terms as President for central city organization devoted to assisting in the development of underprivileged people, with a focus on education.
- St. Paul Lutheran School – school board member.
- Concordia Educational Foundation – board member.
- Emmanuel Lutheran Church – involved in church leadership for over 15 consecutive years, including two terms as Congregational President.
- Valparaiso University Law School – Regional Advisory Board member.