- Attorney Bio
- Practice Areas
- Bar Admissions
- Published Works & Legal Alerts
- Speaking Engagements
- Community Involvement
Cindy Wolfer’s law practice focuses broadly on trust and estate matters in both the planning and administration stages. Her practice includes income tax and transfer tax planning. She represents corporate and individual fiduciaries outside of court and also before the court for various matters including petitions for instructions, modification, approval of accounts or termination and discharge.
Cindy works with individuals to plan for asset management in event of incapacity, advance medical directives and for the disposition of property at death according to their wishes and in a cost and tax effective manner. Planning includes drafting last will and testaments, trust agreements, medical and financial powers of attorney and living wills as well as implementing transfer on death and beneficiary designations when appropriate.
Cindy also represents beneficiaries of trusts or estates to assert beneficial interests in property and damages for breaches of trust. She represents petitioners in guardianship proceedings to obtain court authority to help an incapacitated person.
Cindy has received an AV Preeminent ® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell and selected for inclusion on the 2016 Super Lawyers list. A graduate of Wittenberg University in Springfield, Ohio, Cindy attended University of Cincinnati College of Law where she was named to Order of the Coif, a national scholastic honorary society.
Legal Assistant: Lisa Palmer
- Indiana and Ohio, 1991
- Indiana Trust and Estate lawyer, certified by the Indiana Trust and Estate Specialty Board
- Indiana State Bar Association: Property, Trust and Real Property Section, former District Representative; Probate Review Committee, 2002-2015
- Ohio State Bar Association: Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section
- Allen County Bar Association: Past President, Vice-President, Secretary; Past Co-Chair, Probate, Trust & Tax Section; Director
- Fort Wayne Estate Planning Council
- Fort Wayne Monthly “Top Lawyer” (2013- 2015)
- AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers®, 2016
- American Jurisprudence Prize in Corporations I, University of Cincinnati College of Law (1990)
Published Works & Legal Alerts
- Legal Alert, “Is It Time To Review Your Estate Plan?” March 2017
- “Trust Terminations: Settling Accounts & Fiduciary Release” February 2016
- “Evaluating Client Capacity & Representing a Client with Diminished Capacity” September 2014
- Legal Alert, ” IRS Grants Broad Relief For Electing Portability” February 2014
- Res Gestae, “The Uniform Trust Code” January 2001
- Fort Wayne Estate Planning Council, “Representing Clients with Diminished Capacity” 2015
- Allen County Bar Association, “Representing Clients with Diminished Capacity” 2014
- ICLEF Annual Estate Planning & Administration Potpourri, “Saving for College with Section 529 Plans”, 2007 and 2008
- Fort Wayne Rescue Mission: Board Member (2014-2015)
- Middle School Judge, “We the People” competition (2011-2014)
- Judge, Fort Wayne Museum of Art Scholastic competition (2014-2015)