- Summer and New Associates
- Professional Staff
- Live, Work & Play in Fort Wayne
- Available Positions
SUMMER AND NEW ASSOCIATES
There is no other way to put it: Who we hire is critical to the success of our clients. We have a unique environment – collegiality coupled with a collective drive for professional advancement. Exceptionalism is the rule. Genuine camaraderie among attorneys and staff allows us to celebrate the professional aspirations and accomplishments of each individual. Our Firm seeks to affiliate with attorneys who are self-motivated, community-oriented, business-minded, and hard-working. Simply put, we want attorneys who are energized about and dedicated to providing first-class service to our clients.
Mentorship is a critical component of our success. We invest substantial resources in providing summer and new associates with meaningful, quality legal experience as well as regular feedback focused on encouraging professional growth. Through our summer clerkship, it is our goal to provide summer associates with a realistic, positive experience so that they can make an informed choice about starting their legal career. Ultimately, when extending an offer of employment to new associates, it is our intention for such associate to become a long-term member of our Firm. Our size allows us to provide sophisticated legal services and appropriate professional challenges but not reduce talented individuals to simply a billable hour report. Associates have a real voice in their career development as well as the development of our Firm. Partnership consideration generally occurs within six (6) to eight (8) years.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package to summer and new associates. In addition, we reimburse first year associates for their bar review courses.
For summer associates, we routinely participate in on-campus interviews and you are welcome to send us your resume as a part of that process. You may also submit your resume using the fields below.
If you wish to be considered for a new associate position, feel free to submit your resume using the fields below.
Lateral hiring is an extremely important component of developing a high quality legal team for our clients. Lateral hires add value to our team because they enhance the depth of practice and diversity of experience of our Firm as a whole. We focus on quickly integrating lateral hires into our culture and provide them with immediate opportunities to interact with our clients. Our Firm enjoys extremely high retention rates for lateral hires; and, not surprisingly, the strong retention rate directly correlates to the personal and professional support and encouragement lateral hires receive from the Firm – from marketing, to comprehensive business integration, IT support, and social activities. Lateral hires who seek to practice law in a culture that is transparent, team-oriented and merit-based are a great fit at our Firm.
We view professional staff as absolutely critical to the success of our clients and our practice. We employ outstanding staff who assist attorneys and support our efforts in providing first-rate, responsive customer service. Staff meaningfully contribute to our ability to offer the highest quality legal services. Staff “know-how” helps attorneys provide complex legal services on matters important to our clients. A respectful, friendly work environment engenders loyalty and staff retention. Our staff always exhibits a positive willingness to go the extra mile for the client. We cannot do what we do without truly exemplary, long-term staff. Simply stated, our professional staff is second to none.
LIVE, WORK & PLAY IN FORT WAYNE
Fort Wayne is a truly exceptional, mid-sized city – and for many years, Fort Wayne has been Indiana’s best, least told story. Times are changing and Fort Wayne’s secret is out! With low unemployment rates, reasonable cost of living, opportunities for young professionals to become community leaders, and a plethora of amenities and fun activities, Fort Wayne is a city with momentum. We encourage you to explore www.visitfortwayne.com for more information about the community that we are very proud to call home!
Local Sites of Interest
Visit Fort Wayne
Greater Fort Wayne, Inc. Build A Best-In-Class Community
City of Fort Wayne
Fort Wayne/Allen County Airport Authority
Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo
War Memorial Coliseum
Fort Wayne Parks & Recreation
Fort Wayne TinCaps (Baseball)
Fort Wayne Komets (Hockey)
Fort Wayne Mad Ants (Basketball)
The Botanical Conservatory
Three Rivers Festival
Johnny Appleseed Festival
The Embassy Theatre
Fort Wayne Museum of Art
Business Development/Marketing Manager
Rothberg is looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented person to fill an open part-time Marketing Assistant position with our Firm. The position is scheduled for 25 to 27.5 hours per week and our office is open Monday through Friday.
- The person in this position will assist with all duties supporting the Marketing Team including, but not limited to:
- CRM Database Management in Intellipad
- Email Marketing via Constant Contact
- Attorney Bio and Profile Maintenance – website, professional networks, business networks, etc.
- Maintain Website, Social Media and Public Relations Announcements
- Organize/Assist with Networking Events
- Conduct Marketing Research as necessary
- Review/Monitor Sponsorship and Membership Requests
- Participate in/Take Minutes for Marketing Committee meetings and follow up on tasks from Committee
- Prepare RFP Packets, PowerPoint Presentations and other Marketing Materials
- Provide Administrative Support for Marketing Team and Chief Operating Officer
- Provide Receptionist Backup
- The ideal candidate for this position:
- Must have experience with computers, Microsoft Office software and ability to learn other software applications
- Proficiency in Intellipad, Constant Contact, WordPress and iManage is beneficial
- Must be conscientious, detail-oriented, produce an excellent work product and must be a motivated self-starter
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor with experience on a multi-level phone line
- Must be prompt with a good attendance record
Prior experience in this area is preferred but not required. Salary is commensurate with experience and applicable skill set. If you are interested in this position, please forward a resume with cover letter and salary history via the Professional Staff link at the left of this page referencing Job #2018-ADMIN2.
Asset Recovery – Legal Assistant
We are looking for an individual to fill an open position in RLW Accounts as an Asset Recovery – Legal Assistant.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Be a self-starter and require minimal supervision, preferable with some supervision/training experience
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills along with strong organizational skills
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Able to work under strict deadline pressure
- Possess strong computer navigational skills
Duties for this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Mailing documents for service to parties on cases and/or court if e-filing is not available
- Checking service using DoxPop and Odyssey providers
- Setting local counsel from our provided list for upcoming hearings
- Attending Allen County hearings on a rotation basis
- Keep all account information current (memo information, phone numbers, address, last hearing date(s), and all other pertinent facts)
- Review Credit Bureau information on new accounts and enter new CBR information on existing accounts
- Set payment arrangements, settlements, and/or payments in full
- Sending hearing reminders to our local counsels to attend hearings
- Requesting, mailing and documenting checks for local counsels and vendors
- Prepping for court hearing attendance
Experience with legal asset recovery preferred.
If you are interested in this position, please forward a resume with cover letter and salary history via the Professional Staff link at the left of this page referencing Job #2018-RECOV1.