- Summer and New Associates
- Professional Staff
- Live, Work & Play in Fort Wayne
- Available Positions
SUMMER AND NEW ASSOCIATES
There is no other way to put it: Who we hire is critical to the success of our clients. We have a unique environment – collegiality coupled with a collective drive for professional advancement. Exceptionalism is the rule. Genuine camaraderie among attorneys and staff allows us to celebrate the professional aspirations and accomplishments of each individual. Our Firm seeks to affiliate with attorneys who are self-motivated, community-oriented, business-minded, and hard-working. Simply put, we want attorneys who are energized about and dedicated to providing first-class service to our clients.
Mentorship is a critical component of our success. We invest substantial resources in providing summer and new associates with meaningful, quality legal experience as well as regular feedback focused on encouraging professional growth. Through our summer clerkship, it is our goal to provide summer associates with a realistic, positive experience so that they can make an informed choice about starting their legal career. Ultimately, when extending an offer of employment to new associates, it is our intention for such associate to become a long-term member of our Firm. Our size allows us to provide sophisticated legal services and appropriate professional challenges but not reduce talented individuals to simply a billable hour report. Associates have a real voice in their career development as well as the development of our Firm. Partnership consideration generally occurs within six (6) to eight (8) years.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package to summer and new associates. In addition, we reimburse first year associates for their bar review courses.
For summer associates, we routinely participate in on-campus interviews and you are welcome to send us your resume as a part of that process. You may also submit your resume using the fields below.
If you wish to be considered for a new associate position, feel free to submit your resume using the fields below.
Lateral hiring is an extremely important component of developing a high quality legal team for our clients. Lateral hires add value to our team because they enhance the depth of practice and diversity of experience of our Firm as a whole. We focus on quickly integrating lateral hires into our culture and provide them with immediate opportunities to interact with our clients. Our Firm enjoys extremely high retention rates for lateral hires; and, not surprisingly, the strong retention rate directly correlates to the personal and professional support and encouragement lateral hires receive from the Firm – from marketing, to comprehensive business integration, IT support, and social activities. Lateral hires who seek to practice law in a culture that is transparent, team-oriented and merit-based are a great fit at our Firm.
We view professional staff as absolutely critical to the success of our clients and our practice. We employ outstanding staff who assist attorneys and support our efforts in providing first-rate, responsive customer service. Staff meaningfully contribute to our ability to offer the highest quality legal services. Staff “know-how” helps attorneys provide complex legal services on matters important to our clients. A respectful, friendly work environment engenders loyalty and staff retention. Our staff always exhibits a positive willingness to go the extra mile for the client. We cannot do what we do without truly exemplary, long-term staff. Simply stated, our professional staff is second to none.
LIVE, WORK & PLAY IN FORT WAYNE
Fort Wayne is a truly exceptional, mid-sized city – and for many years, Fort Wayne has been Indiana’s best, least told story. Times are changing and Fort Wayne’s secret is out! With low unemployment rates, reasonable cost of living, opportunities for young professionals to become community leaders, and a plethora of amenities and fun activities, Fort Wayne is a city with momentum. We encourage you to explore www.visitfortwayne.com for more information about the community that we are very proud to call home!
Local Sites of Interest
Visit Fort Wayne
Greater Fort Wayne, Inc.
City of Fort Wayne
Fort Wayne/Allen County Airport Authority
Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo
War Memorial Coliseum
Fort Wayne Parks & Recreation
Fort Wayne TinCaps (Baseball)
Fort Wayne Komets (Hockey)
Fort Wayne Mad Ants (Basketball)
The Botanical Conservatory
Three Rivers Festival
Johnny Appleseed Festival
The Embassy Theatre
Fort Wayne Museum of Art
Experienced Legal Counsel – Business Transaction Practice Area
Rothberg Logan & Warsco, an AV Rated firm in northeast Indiana is seeking legal counsel with two or more years’ experience to join our team to work in an active business transaction practice. Salary and partnership consideration commensurate with experience – competitive benefit package offered. Experience advising clients on mergers, acquisitions, affiliations and joint ventures a plus. Additional areas of experience desired include real estate and commercial lending. Our firm offers challenging work in a friendly environment. Please submit expressions of interest with resumé via the Laterals link at the left of this page.
Experienced Legal Assistant – Asset Recovery
Our Firm is looking for an experienced individual to fill an open position in RLW Accounts – an Asset Recovery Specialist – Legal – as soon as possible.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
* Be a self-starter and require minimal supervision, preferably with some supervision/training experience
* Have prior court/legal document and collection experience
* Collection Software Experience, preferably with JSTechnologies
* Take pride in their work product with great attention to detail and accuracy
* Work well under time constraints/deadline pressure
* Possess basic math skills
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Mailing docs for service to parties on cases and/or court if e-filing is not available for a specific county
- Checking service (DoxPop, Odyssey)
- Setting local counsel from our provided list
- Sending hearing reminders to our local counsels to attend hearings
- Requesting, mailing, and documenting checks for local counsels and vendors
- Prepping for Court hearing attendance
- Attending Allen County hearings on a rotating basis
- Any other duties assigned by supervisors
- Keep ALL account information current (memo information, phone numbers, address, last hearing date(s), and all other pertinent facts
- Review Credit Bureau information on new accounts and enter new CBR information on existing accounts, noting address with report date, possible previous address if pertinent with report date, any reverse look up information, POE info, amount of collections, amount of charge offs, amount of judgments, amounts of open credit, type, and whether the credit lines are joint or individual as well as is the debt being paid, last inquiries, soon to be PIF accounts, and accounts that have been PIF
- Set payment arrangements, settlements, and/or payments in full, etc.
- Search for skips by using the “Skip Tools and Procedures” in the order provided
- Search for employment by using the “Search for POE Tools” in the order provided
- Accounts with incomplete debtor information and/or memo field are to be completed and updated as the accounts are worked
Experience in the legal side of asset recovery is required, as well as experience with computers, software, and Microsoft Office. If you are interested in this position or know of someone who might be, please forward a resume with cover letter and salary history via the Professional Staff link at the left of this page.