- Summer and New Associates
- Professional Staff
- Live, Work & Play in Fort Wayne
- Available Positions
SUMMER AND NEW ASSOCIATES
There is no other way to put it: Who we hire is critical to the success of our clients. We have a unique environment – collegiality coupled with a collective drive for professional advancement. Exceptionalism is the rule. Genuine camaraderie among attorneys and staff allows us to celebrate the professional aspirations and accomplishments of each individual. Our Firm seeks to affiliate with attorneys who are self-motivated, community-oriented, business-minded, and hard-working. Simply put, we want attorneys who are energized about and dedicated to providing first-class service to our clients.
Mentorship is a critical component of our success. We invest substantial resources in providing summer and new associates with meaningful, quality legal experience as well as regular feedback focused on encouraging professional growth. Through our summer clerkship, it is our goal to provide summer associates with a realistic, positive experience so that they can make an informed choice about starting their legal career. Ultimately, when extending an offer of employment to new associates, it is our intention for such associate to become a long-term member of our Firm. Our size allows us to provide sophisticated legal services and appropriate professional challenges but not reduce talented individuals to simply a billable hour report. Associates have a real voice in their career development as well as the development of our Firm. Partnership consideration generally occurs within six (6) to eight (8) years.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package to summer and new associates. In addition, we reimburse first year associates for their bar review courses.
For summer associates, we routinely participate in on-campus interviews and you are welcome to send us your resume as a part of that process. You may also submit your resume using the fields below.
If you wish to be considered for a new associate position, feel free to submit your resume using the fields below.
Lateral hiring is an extremely important component of developing a high quality legal team for our clients. Lateral hires add value to our team because they enhance the depth of practice and diversity of experience of our Firm as a whole. We focus on quickly integrating lateral hires into our culture and provide them with immediate opportunities to interact with our clients. Our Firm enjoys extremely high retention rates for lateral hires; and, not surprisingly, the strong retention rate directly correlates to the personal and professional support and encouragement lateral hires receive from the Firm – from marketing, to comprehensive business integration, IT support, and social activities. Lateral hires who seek to practice law in a culture that is transparent, team-oriented and merit-based are a great fit at our Firm.
We view professional staff as absolutely critical to the success of our clients and our practice. We employ outstanding staff who assist attorneys and support our efforts in providing first-rate, responsive customer service. Staff meaningfully contribute to our ability to offer the highest quality legal services. Staff “know-how” helps attorneys provide complex legal services on matters important to our clients. A respectful, friendly work environment engenders loyalty and staff retention. Our staff always exhibits a positive willingness to go the extra mile for the client. We cannot do what we do without truly exemplary, long-term staff. Simply stated, our professional staff is second to none.
LIVE, WORK & PLAY IN FORT WAYNE
Fort Wayne is a truly exceptional, mid-sized city – and for many years, Fort Wayne has been Indiana’s best, least told story. Times are changing and Fort Wayne’s secret is out! With low unemployment rates, reasonable cost of living, opportunities for young professionals to become community leaders, and a plethora of amenities and fun activities, Fort Wayne is a city with momentum. We encourage you to explore www.visitfortwayne.com for more information about the community that we are very proud to call home!
Local Sites of Interest
Visit Fort Wayne
Greater Fort Wayne, Inc. Build A Best-In-Class Community
City of Fort Wayne
Fort Wayne/Allen County Airport Authority
Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo
War Memorial Coliseum
Fort Wayne Parks & Recreation
Fort Wayne TinCaps (Baseball)
Fort Wayne Komets (Hockey)
Fort Wayne Mad Ants (Basketball)
The Botanical Conservatory
Three Rivers Festival
Johnny Appleseed Festival
The Embassy Theatre
Fort Wayne Museum of Art
Marketing/Business Development Manager
We are currently searching for an experienced Marketing/Business Development Manager to join our team. This position will work with the Chief Operating Officer and the Marketing Committee to develop and implement the firm’s marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in the marketing and/or business development fields. Candidates must be dependable, possess strong organizational skills with emphasis on goal setting and prioritization, along with the ability to initiate and monitor several simultaneous projects. Candidates must also be proficient in Microsoft Office, have exceptional written, verbal communication and presentation skills and be able to thrive in a team environment. Experience with document management (iManage) and CRM software (Intellipad) is beneficial.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develop and implement business development plan
- Plan, execute and monitor firm marketing campaigns
- Develop, implement and measure marketing plans for assigned practice-group initiatives that align with strategic goals
- Establish and maintain relationships with key clients/contacts
- Follow the latest industry developments and stay up-to-date on law firm competition
- Oversee maintenance, management and updates of firm’s marketing database, contact mailing lists, email distribution groups, invitation/guests lists and all prospective/network related information in IntelliPad and Constant Contact
- Track pitch meeting successes to measure ROI
- Monitor key industry-related websites to track trends
- Plan, organize and oversee firm marketing events including pre/post-event promotion
- Coordinate copy and design direction for event materials
- Research and investigate potential events for the firm such as dinners, seminars, bar association events
- Schedule and maintain attorneys’ and firm’s calendar of speaking engagements, marketing appointments and other marketing events
- Assist in writing, proofing and editing attorney bios, promotional and communications materials
- Investigate opportunities for legal awards/nominations
- Coordinate firm and practice group sponsorships and award submissions
- Oversee new attorney marketing onboarding
- Draft, edit and distribute press releases
- Oversee daily activities of part-time Marketing Assistant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or related field
- Five years of marketing and/or business development experience, preferably with professional services organization – prior law firm marketing experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience in creating successful marketing and public relations collateral
- Exceptional written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with emphasis on goal setting and prioritization – ability to initiate and monitor several simultaneous projects
- Understanding of digital management, which includes monitoring our web site, social media channel (LinkedIn) and other digital assets. You must be engaged in content marketing and be familiar with Google analytics and other metrics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook) is required
- Experience with document management (iManage) and CRM software (Intellipad) is beneficial
If you are interested in this position, please forward a resume with cover letter and salary history via the Professional Staff link at the left of this page referencing Job #2018-ADMIN1.
Asset Recovery – Legal Assistant
We are looking for an individual to fill an open position in RLW Accounts as an Asset Recovery – Legal Assistant.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Be a self-starter and require minimal supervision, preferable with some supervision/training experience
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills along with strong organizational skills
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Able to work under strict deadline pressure
- Possess strong computer navigational skills
Duties for this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Mailing documents for service to parties on cases and/or court if e-filing is not available
- Checking service using DoxPop and Odyssey providers
- Setting local counsel from our provided list for upcoming hearings
- Attending Allen County hearings on a rotation basis
- Keep all account information current (memo information, phone numbers, address, last hearing date(s), and all other pertinent facts)
- Review Credit Bureau information on new accounts and enter new CBR information on existing accounts
- Set payment arrangements, settlements, and/or payments in full
- Sending hearing reminders to our local counsels to attend hearings
- Requesting, mailing and documenting checks for local counsels and vendors
- Prepping for court hearing attendance
Experience with legal asset recovery preferred.
If you are interested in this position, please forward a resume with cover letter and salary history via the Professional Staff link at the left of this page referencing Job #2018-RECOV1.