Alex Platte is a Fort Wayne native who has dedicated himself to serve the needs of businesses and individuals across northeast Indiana. His practice primarily focuses on corporate structuring, business transactions and estate planning and administration. Alex is often called upon to sort through complex and technical issues, and his goal is always to bring certainty and clarity to each client and situation.
Alex graduated from South Side High School, and earned both a Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science and a Juris Doctor from Indiana University Bloomington. He was inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa academic honor society as an undergraduate and he served on the Indiana Law Journal and was made a member of the Order of the Coif in law school. Before attending law school, Alex worked in software development for Discover Card in the Chicago area for three years. He was named among Fort Wayne Business Weekly’s “Forty Under 40” emerging business leaders for 2017.
Alex is active in his church, as well as with a variety of community organizations and professional associations. Most importantly, Alex takes every opportunity to discover something new with his wife and children, or just relax as a family.
Legal Assistant: Michelle Birk
- Indiana, 2011
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2011
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2011
- Indiana State Bar Association (Leadership Development Academy) (Past Member, Young Lawyers’ Section Council)
- Allen County Bar Association (Chair, Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights Section)
- Risk Management Association, Northeast Indiana Chapter (Board Member)
- Matthew 25 Health & Dental Clinic (Past Board member and Chairman, Community Relations Committee)
- Mustard Seed Furniture Bank (Vice President, Board of Directors)
- Young Leaders of Northeast Indiana (Past Co-Chair, Power Lunch Committee)
- February 2018 – “Tax Reform: What Does it Mean for You?” – Webinar hosted by Rothberg Logan & Warsco LLP
- June 2017 – “Legal Considerations for Startups” – Webinar hosted by AcceLINX musculoskeletal health business accelerator
- March 2017 – “Security Interests: Perfection and Priority” – Northeast Indiana Paralegal Association
- May 2016 – “Tax Credit Financing for Real Estate Development” – Risk Management Association, Northeast Indiana Chapter
- March 2014 – “Building Towards Brown v. Board of Education” – Benjamin Harrison Inn of Court
- October 2013 – “Student Loan Hardship Litigation, IBR and Other Issues” – Northern District of Indiana Annual Fall Seminar